CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 75562591
Demonstrate small-engine maintenance.
Demonstration should include
- implementing safety precautions prior to servicing
- locating and reviewing manuals or other documentation
- cleaning/replacing spark plugs
- cleaning/replacing air filters
- checking/changing oil and filter if necessary
- replacing fuel filter
- adjusting/cleaning the carburetor
- checking/cleaning the exhaust
- performing winterization procedures.
- Where can the model and serial number of an engine be found? Why is this information important?
- What is the purpose of a maintenance schedule for small engines?
- What is the difference between two-cycle and four-cycle engines?
- What are the benefits of two-cycle engines? What are the drawbacks?
- What are the benefits of fuel stabilizers?
- What can the condition and color of spark plug deposits indicate?
- What are the benefits of engine winterization?