Inspect course-specific hand and power tools to visually identify defects.
Inspection of power tools should include
- identifying components of machinery (e.g., guards, blades, moving parts, start/stop switches, cords)
- identifying standard safety procedures (i.e., shop practices, manufacturer's recommendations)
- observing a demonstration of the safe operation and use of each piece of machinery in the shop.
Inspection of hand tools should include identification of tool defects.
- What are some of the basic power tools used in construction?
- What are the proper actions to take before using a power circular saw?
- Why should a power tool always be grounded?