CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 1386772476
Form a pipe joint.
Forming a pipe joint should include the following steps:
- Assemble tools and equipment.
- Block joints off the floor or ground.
- Clean and apply pipe thread sealant or thread-seal tape to threads of the joint.
- Turn the pipe in a clockwise direction.
- Block up the second joint on the same level as the first and at the joint being made up, tighten with pipe wrenches, holding the first joint while turning the second.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures for forming a joint of pipe?
- What situation would require thread-seal tape?
- What situation would require thread sealant paste?
- What are some characteristics of different kinds of pipe?
- What tools are required for making up a threaded pipe system?