CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 1386772474
Join copper tubing, using the flare method.
Joining copper tubing should include the following steps:
- Assemble tools and equipment.
- Slide the flare nut onto the tubing with the threaded end toward the fitting.
- Place the tubing in the flaring tool approximately 1/8".
- Slide the tapering tool into the base and tighten.
- Remove the flaring tool.
- Holding the fitting against the flare, slide the flare nut onto the fitting and hand tighten.
- Tighten the flare nut.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures for joining copper tubing, using the flare method?
- How important is having the proper size flare when joining copper tubing? Why?
- Can all copper pipe be flared? Why, or why not?
- What tools are required for joining copper tubing, using the flare method?