CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 1386772473
Join copper tubing, using the compression method.
Joining copper tubing should include the following steps:
- Assemble tools and equipment.
- Read directions on the compression ring package.
- With treaded end facing fitting, slide the fitting onto the tubing.
- Slide the compression ring onto the end of the tubing.
- Slide the fitting onto the end of the tubing.
- Hold the fitting securely on the end of the tubing and slide the compression ring and nut up to the fitting.
- Turn clockwise to start.
- Tighten the nut.
- Repeat operations until the fitting is installed.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures for joining copper tubing, using the compression method?
- Why is copper tubing used in various supply systems?
- Can a compression ring be reused? Why, or why not?
- What tools are required for joining copper tubing, using the compression method?