CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 1386772461
Describe procedures for testing for a gas leak, using a soap solution.
Description should include the following steps:
- Locate the gas meter and follow the entry lines to all exposed pipes.
- Ventilate the enclosed area.
- Turn off all electrical appliances.
- Mix a soap solution.
- Beginning with the outermost union, soap the first joint thoroughly.
- Mark each leaking joint with chalk.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures for testing for a gas leak, using a soap solution?
- What causes a pipe joint to leak?
- What are some common fittings used in a black iron pipe system?
- What tools are required for working with black iron pipe?