CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 1386772459
Sweat solder copper tubing.
Sweat soldering should include the following steps:
- Assemble tools and equipment.
- Cut tubing and ream ends.
- Clean the ends with sandpaper or steel wool.
- Clean the inside surface of the fitting.
- Flux the surface where the solder is to flow.
- Put the joint together.
- Heat the fitting and apply solder to the surface to be soldered.
- Wipe clean and let cool.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures for sweat soldering copper tubing?
- What type of solder is used for plumbing? Why?
- What are some uses of sweat soldering copper tubing?
- What tools are required for sweat soldering?