CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 1386772457
Cut metal tubing.
Cutting metal tubing should include the following steps:
- Assemble tools and equipment.
- Measure and mark the length to be cut.
- Place the tubing cutter wheel on the mark where tubing is to be cut.
- Tighten the blade against the tubing.
- Rotate the blade around the tube until the cutter rolls free.
- Tighten and roll until the tube is cut.
- Ream the cut ends to remove burrs, using appropriate PPE.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures for cutting metal tubing?
- What are two basic types of metal tubing?
- What are the principal parts of the tubing cutter?
- Why must the cut ends be reamed when cutting metal tubing?