CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 1386772449
Replace a defective light switch.
Replacement should include
- turning off power to the switch and removing the fuse controlling the switch
- tagging the fuse or breaker box, indicating someone is working on electrical system
- removing the cover plate
- removing the screws holding the switch to the box
- pulling the switch out of the box
- loosening the terminal screws and removing wires
- reattaching the new switch to same terminal wires, ensuring the loops are clockwise
- pushing the switch back into the box and fastening
- replacing the cover plate
- replacing the fuse and returning power
- checking to see if the switch works.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures for replacing a defective light switch?
- What are the differences in the features of three-way and single-pole switches?
- What tools and materials are required for replacing a light switch?