CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 1386772448
Replace a defective light socket.
Replacement should include
- unplugging the lamp or fixture
- removing the bulb, shade, and harp
- separating the socket body and shell from the cap
- removing the terminal screws from the socket cap and removing wires
- screwing the new cap to the lampshade and tightening the set screw
- removing the socket from the new shell, leaving the cardboard insulation inside the shell
- loosening the terminal screws on the socket
- bending the loop on each wire and connecting one wire to each terminal screw
- putting the shell and cardboard insulator over the socket and snapping the shell into the socket cap.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures for replacing and tightening a defective light socket?
- What factors may contribute to the development of defects in light sockets?
- What tools and materials are required for replacing a defective light socket?