CTE Resource Center - Verso - Building Management II Task 1386772445
Lubricate an electrical motor.
Lubrication should include
- shutting off power to the motor
- checking the manufacturer's maintenance manual for lubrication points and recommended lubricant and amounts
- selecting the lubricants
- checking oil wells and grease cups
- filling the oil wells to half depth
- filling the grease cups if less than half empty
- screwing the grease cups down slightly, forcing grease into the bearings
- screwing the cups back to their original positions
- wiping the motor and motor parts clean of oil and grease
- turning on power to the motor
- checking performance.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures for lubricating an electrical motor?
- What are the characteristics of different lubricating materials?
- What tools and materials are used for lubricating an electrical motor?