Cut molding, using a power miter box.
DefinitionCutting molding should include
- selecting PPE, materials, and tools
- measuring and cutting the material to form the desired angle for closely fit corners.
- What are the relevant safety precautions/procedures to follow when using a miter box to cut molding?
- What type of PPE is required when using a miter box?
- How are the materials positioned in the miter box?
- What edge determines the length to be cut?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will use the relationships between angles formed by two lines intersected by a transversal to
- prove two or more lines are parallel; and
- solve problems, including practical problems, involving angles formed when parallel lines are intersected by a transversal.