Manage job and task priorities.
DefinitionManagement should include applying organizational skills
- to prioritize and complete assignments
- to work more efficiently
- to have a positive effect on the financial bottom line.
- How do machinists multitask in the machine shop?
- How does job efficiency impact the bottom line?
- How does the machinist's attitude affect the company’s bottom line?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Manage safe and healthy production working conditions and environmental risks.
Employ project management processes using data and tools to deliver quality, value-added products.