Select machine tools for a given set of operations.
DefinitionSelection should include
- applying machine tools theory
- selecting appropriate machine tools for a given set of operations
- operating machine tools to execute a specific operation
- participating in machine capability study
- identifying the common classes of machine tools
- explaining the function of the major subsystems of the machine tools
- selecting and applying a given machine tool appropriately.
- What are the common types of machine tools?
- What is the function of the major subsystems of machine tools?
- What operations can be performed on a mill or a lathe?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Demonstrate workplace knowledge and skills common to manufacturing.