Perform preventive maintenance on machine tools.
Performance should include
- inspecting and assessing the general condition of an assigned machine tool
- making routine adjustments as authorized, or reporting problems to supervision
- carrying out daily, weekly, and/or monthly routine upkeep chores cited on checklists for a given machine tool
- filling out the history forms for tracking maintenance
- making a brief oral report explaining the condition of the machine tools and the actions taken
- keeping a maintenance and repair record on each machine tool.
- What are the benefits of preventive maintenance?
- Why is documentation of maintenance important?
- Why is proper care, usage, and storage important for prolonging the life of a machine tool?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Demonstrate maintenance skills and proficient operation of equipment to maximize manufacturing performance.
Implement a preventative maintenance schedule to maintain manufacturing equipment, tools and workstations.