Perform general housekeeping.
Performance should include
- keeping the duty station clean and safe for work
- keeping tools, workbenches, and manual equipment clean, maintained, and safe for work
- responding appropriately to safety hazards
- maintaining the cleanliness of the general work area.
- Why is it important to maintain a clean and orderly work area?
- What are the safety advantages that result from good housekeeping?
- How can good housekeeping improve one's overall work efficiency?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Monitor, promote and maintain a safe and productive workplace using techniques and solutions that ensure safe production of products.