Perform routine drill press operations.
Performance should include
- setting up and operating drill presses
- producing a part to match the process plan and blueprint specifications
- finishing the part to the following specifications:
- four center-drilled locations, laying out a fifth location
- at least one hole must be a blind hole and one a through hole
- secondary operations, including reaming, spot facing, countersinking, counterboring, and counterdrilling
- finishes to be at least 125 micro-inches
- holes to be square within +.005 inch; drilled diameters within +.006 inch; reamed diameters within +.001 inch.
- What is the correct position of a drill press vise to the driller?
- Why is drill speed important?
- Why should one refrain from putting a tapered shank drill bit into a drill chuck?