Perform routine vertical milling.
Performance should include
- producing a part matching the process plan and blueprint specifications, using appropriate trade techniques and speeds and feeds
- completing the part with the following specifications:
- milling at least one slot
- squaring up the part to within .005 inch, over 4 inches
- locating at least two drilled and reamed holes within ±.005 inch
- finishing surfaces to 125 micro-inches.
- Why would vertical milling be used?
- What are some advantages of vertical milling?
- Why are rotations per minute (rpm) and feed rate important when vertical milling?