Perform chucking operations for turning.
Performance should include
- setting up for operations
- producing a part that matches the process plan and the blueprint specifications
- using appropriate trade techniques and speeds and feeds
- maintaining at least three diameters within ±.005 inch and the following requirements for the completed part:
- one bore within ±.005 inch
- one UNC external thread
- one UNF internal thread
- at least two chucking or other work-holding setup
- finishes of at least 125 micro-inches with no sharp edges.
- What are the types and names of chucks?
- What is a split collet?
- What is the procedure for indicating a 4-jaw chuck?