Perform between-centers turning operations for straight turning.
Performance should include
- producing a part that matches the process plan and the blueprint specifications
- using appropriate trade techniques and speeds and feeds
- matching the specifications with at least three diameters within ±.002 inch
- finishing the part, based on the following criteria:
- One UNC external thread
- One UNF external thread
- An end-for-end swap
- Finishes to be at least 125 micro-inches, with no sharp edges.
- What is the practical function of turning between centers?
- What are some machine parts that may be turned between centers?
- Why should one not remove the center from a chuck before machining the part?