Demonstrate safe workplace practices.
Demonstration should include
- adhering to safety rules while carrying out assigned responsibilities
- following procedures relating to first aid for injury or work-related illness
- documenting safety activities as required.
- What is considered appropriate protective clothing for working in a machining shop?
- What are some unsafe workplace practices?
- What are the main injuries associated with the machining workplace?
- What are required PPE items used by machinists? What are the safety glasses requirements? Tinted? Side-shields?
Other Related Standards
Common Career Technical Core
Comply with federal, state and local regulations to ensure worker safety and health and environmental work practices.
Demonstrate the safe use of manufacturing equipment to ensure a safe and healthy environment.
Demonstrate the safe use of manufacturing equipment.