Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
DefinitionExamination should include
- technological systems used in the industry
- mathematical, scientific, social, ethical, and economic principles underlying the technological systems
- impact of energy systems, fuel sources, and other technological systems on the production of goods and services
- use of emerging and alternative energy resources in the production of goods and services
- generation and distribution of energy to industries/organizations for use in creating goods and services.
- What are examples of ethical issues related to technologies?
- Why are energy systems so important to industries/organizations?
- Why is it important to maintain technological systems?
- How does energy transmission affect technological systems?
- What are the possible effects of alternative energy sources on industries?
- What would life be like without a reliable source of energy?
- What would be the effect of using electric vehicles to transport/deliver/ship goods?
Other Related Standards
Suggested Learning Activities
Underlying Principles of Technology: The Impact of Technology on Business and Industry
Objective: Describe the impact of technology on businesses and/or industries that relate to a student's program of study.
- Access to newspapers, magazines, trade journals, and the Internet;
- Forms, "Field Trip Report," "Interview with Expert from the Community," "Student Summary of New Technologies and Trends,"
- Teacher Notes