Illustrate sizing, layout, and installation of grounding systems.
DefinitionIllustration should be based on the latest NEC, and should consist of
- a grounding system for a dwelling with 10 feet of metal pipe
- a grounding system for a dwelling with no metal pipe
- a grounding system between a panel and a subpanel
- using the appropriate NEC table to select grounding electrode conductors
- using the appropriate NEC table to select grounding conductors for raceways and equipment.
- What is the largest grounding conductor to a supplementary grounding rod?
- What is a grounding ring?
- What is the minimum distance between multiple ground rods?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will investigate and understand how to diagram, construct, and analyze basic electrical circuits and explain the function of various circuit components. Key concepts include
c. electrical power;