DefinitionReport should consist of an immediate oral statement of the job-related or non-job-related injury to the instructor or supervisor, and may be followed by a written confirmation reporting date, extent of injury, and circumstances of the accident.
- Why is it important to report injuries?
- What are common reporting procedures?
- Why is it important to report an injury promptly, before leaving the job site?
- What is workers' compensation?
- What are the key components of a report?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will write in a variety of forms, with an emphasis on persuasion.
- Generate, gather, plan, and organize ideas for writing to address a specific audience and purpose.
- Produce arguments in writing, developing a thesis that demonstrates knowledgeable judgments, addresses counterclaims, and provides effective conclusions.
- Organize ideas in a sustained and logical manner.
- Clarify and defend position with precise and relevant evidence, elaborating ideas clearly and accurately.
- Adapt content, vocabulary, voice, and tone to audience, purpose, and situation.
- Revise writing for clarity of content, accuracy, and depth of information.
- Use computer technology to plan, draft, revise, edit, and publish writing.
- Write and revise correspondence to a standard acceptable both in the workplace and in postsecondary education.
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand that in a democratic republic, thoughtful and effective participation in civic life is characterized by
- exercising personal character traits such as trustworthiness, responsibility, and honesty;
- obeying the law and paying taxes;
- serving as a juror;
- participating in the political process and voting in local, state, and national elections;
- performing public service;
- keeping informed about current issues;
- respecting differing opinions and the rights of others;
- practicing personal and fiscal responsibility;
- demonstrating the knowledge, skills, and attitudes that foster the responsible and respectful use of digital media; and
- practicing patriotism.