2018/2019 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Video and Media Technology (8497/36 weeks)
All tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Personal Qualities and People Skills
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Professional Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrate effective speaking and listening skills.
- Demonstrate effective reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrate healthy behaviors and safety skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of workplace organizations, systems, and climates.
- Demonstrate lifelong-learning skills.
- Demonstrate job-acquisition and advancement skills.
- Demonstrate time-, task-, and resource-management skills.
- Demonstrate job-specific mathematics skills.
- Demonstrate customer-service skills.
Demonstrating Workplace Readiness Skills: Technology Knowledge and Skills
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Determining the Role of Media in Society
- Research the development of broadcasting from early radio to present-day television and broadband.
- Describe the function, role, and influence of video media on society.
- Analyze the expanding media landscape, the top media delivery providers, and the effects on media production and consumer habits.
- Evaluate the laws and ethical concerns affecting video media.
Exploring Types of Video Formats
Preproduction: Writing for Video Media
- Analyze the format, components, and composition techniques in a video storyboard and script.
- Compose a video script.
- Write a public service announcement (PSA) storyboard and script.
- Write a news story or long news feature script.
- Write a commercial storyboard and script.
- Write a(n) instructional, biographical, documentary, or historical storyboard and script.
Preproduction: Planning the Production
Production: Exploring the Elements
Production: Using Video Production Equipment
- Identify the types and essential parts of video cameras.
- Demonstrate situational awareness.
- Identify microphones and their applications.
- Identify the operating procedures for essential production equipment.
- Create full-screen graphics and boxes, using a graphics generator or computer-based graphics program.
- Apply various lighting instruments and lighting techniques.
- Produce a video.