2019/2020 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Introduction to Technology (8483/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Personal Qualities and Abilities
Demonstrating Interpersonal Skills
Demonstrating Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate big-picture thinking.
- Demonstrate career- and life-management skills.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and adaptability.
- Manage time and resources.
- Demonstrate information-literacy skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information security.
- Maintain working knowledge of current information-technology (IT) systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies, tools, and machines common to a specific occupation.
- Apply mathematical skills to job-specific tasks.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate workplace safety.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Exploring Work-Based Learning
Six-week courses must include two of the following areas, nine-week courses must include three, 12-week courses must include four, 18-week courses must include five, and 36-week courses must include all seven areas.
Investigating the Impacts of Technology
Examining Resources of Technology
Identifying the Designed World
- Identify the designed-world areas.
- Describe the energy and power area of technology.
- Describe the medical area of technology.
- Describe the agricultural and related biotechnologies area of technology.
- Describe the information and communication area of technology.
- Describe the architecture and construction area of technology.
- Describe the transportation area of technology.
- Describe the manufacturing area of technology.