Introduction to Technology (8483/36 weeks) Course Description
|Suggested Grade Levels:||6–8|
Students study technological resources through problem-solving processes and various hands-on activities. They relate the impact of technology on society, environment, and culture to future consequences and decisions.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Architecture and Construction
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Audio and Video Technology and Film
- Journalism and Broadcasting
- Printing Technology
- Visual Arts
- Government and Public Administration
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics
- Engineering and Technology
- Science and Mathematics
Upon completion of the course
Note: Certifications do not apply to middle school courses.
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.
Note: Completer sequences do not apply to middle school courses.