CTE Resource Center - Verso - Practical Nursing II Task 186363641
Demonstrate measuring and recording intake and output in a laboratory and/or clinical setting.
Demonstration should include
- use of the metric system and the U.S. customary system (USCS), including conversion between systems
- ways to measure fluid intake
- ways to measure fluid output
- procedure for recording measurement according to agency documentation guidelines.
- How are intake and output documented?
- Why is the metric system used for measuring and documentation of intake and output?
- Why are accurate intake and output measurements essential?
- How would measuring output from a Foley catheter be described?
- What body fluids are considered to be output?
- What fluids are considered to be intake?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Professions Events