CTE Resource Center - Verso - Practical Nursing I Task 500527213
Demonstrate the process for providing nourishment.
Demonstration should include
- preparing the patient/client to receive nourishment
- setting up a tray
- meeting the unique feeding needs of a variety of clients
- documenting the client's nutritional intake.
- How is a therapeutic diet identified; how is the food permitted on the diet listed; and how is the rationale for the therapeutic intent of the diet explained?
- What are intake and output procedures, including conversion factors, milliliter and ounce equivalencies, and the amount of liquid in various containers often dispensed on hospital dietary trays?
- How should the client be prepared for a meal?
- What are the steps to set up the client's tray?
- What methods are used to feed clients, including special-needs clients, infants, and children?
- How can the nursing process be applied to provide nourishment for the client?
Other Related Standards
HOSA Competitive Events
Health Science Events
Knowledge Test: Pharmacology
Health Professions Events