2019/2020 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Family and Consumer Sciences Exploratory II (8263/18 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Personal Qualities and Abilities
Demonstrating Interpersonal Skills
Demonstrating Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate big-picture thinking.
- Demonstrate career- and life-management skills.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and adaptability.
- Manage time and resources.
- Demonstrate information-literacy skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information security.
- Maintain working knowledge of current information-technology (IT) systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies, tools, and machines common to a specific occupation.
- Apply mathematical skills to job-specific tasks.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate workplace safety.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Exploring Work-Based Learning
Understanding Human Development
Demonstrating Interpersonal Relationships
- Demonstrate examples of caring, respectful, and responsible behaviors.
- Identify characteristics of positive relationships.
- Create strategies for handling peer pressure.
- Use communication skills that express feelings, needs, and ideas.
- Explain the consequences of positive and negative behaviors in communication.
- Describe goal setting for individuals and families.
- Demonstrate etiquette.
Exploring Family Relationships
Maintaining Living Environments (Personal Environments)
Demonstrating Nutrition and Wellness
- Identify nutrients, their functions, and food sources.
- Demonstrate nutrition and wellness practices that enhance well-being.
- Demonstrate food safety and sanitation practices.
- Demonstrate kitchen safety.
- Identify food-preparation terms and equipment.
- Perform sequential steps in all aspects of food preparation.
- Prepare a nutritious family meal.