Introduction to Interior Design (8255/36 weeks) Course Description
|Suggested Grade Levels:||9–12|
Introduction to Interior Design students explore influences on the design of interior spaces, investigate careers in the interior design industry, and focus on the technical and soft skills necessary for employment in the interior design profession. Students develop an interior design project that meets specific criteria and includes the elements and principles of design.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Visual Arts
Upon completion of the course
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Housing and Furnishings Assessment
- Interior Decorating and Design Assessment
- Interior Design Fundamentals Assessment
- Leadership Essentials Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.