Describe conditions that influence human growth and development.
Description should include
- birth defects
- nature vs. nurture
- prenatal care
- lifestyle choices
- parenting styles
- maturity level of parents
- educational resources
- at-risk pregnancies
- family systems.
- Why do parents need to know about human growth and development?
- What are the parenting practices that support human growth and development throughout the life span?
- Why are family health histories important?
- How do communication strategies support the emotional well-being of children?
- What do we do about communicating the needs for human growth and development to parents?
- How do we learn about the conditions that influence human growth and development?
- What communication strategies should parents use to function as a parenting team?
- What action can be taken to advocate parenting skills that promote human growth and development?
- How can parents be a positive role model for their child(ren)?
- What resources are available for parents?
- What resources are needed to support developmental well-being?
- How do family members support developmental well-being through the management of family resources?
- How can parents establish and maintain realistic behavioral expectations for their children?