Distinguish between wants and needs.
Distinguishment should include
- values, morals, and beliefs
- personal ethics and behaviors
- social standards
- Maslow’s five levels of human needs.
- What are the differences between wants and needs?
- Where do wants and needs overlap?
- How do wants and needs impact your behavior and personal beliefs?
- How can you appropriately communicate your wants and needs to others?
- How can Maslow’s levels of human needs impact the way you communicate with your co-workers?
- When might it be inappropriate to communicate your values to co-workers?
- What are the risks of communicating your values to people with whom you work?
- How are company values articulated?
- Why are they shared with employees?
- How might your values contribute to success at work?
- Why is employee acceptance and adherence to company values important to the company's success?
- How does a company communicate its values to its customers?
- Why would a company do this?
- What circumstances might make it necessary to re-evaluate a company values?
- What can happen to wants and needs when personal circumstances change?
- What factors contribute to the establishment of personal values?
- How do values change over time? Why do they?
- How can an employee’s values affect work performance?
- When can an employee’s values or beliefs negatively influence co-workers?
- What are some values shared by successful teams?
Other Related Standards
FCCLA National Programs
Families First: Balancing Family and Career
Families First: Meet the Challenge
Families First: Parent Practice
Families First: You-Me-Us
Power of One: A Better You
Power of One: Family Ties
STOP the Violence
Student Body: The Real You
Student Body: The Resilient You
FCCLA: STAR Events (2019)
National Programs in Action
Teach and Train
National Standards for Family and Consumer Sciences Education
Determine goals for life-long learning and leisure opportunities for all family members.
Analyze goals that support individuals and family members in carrying out community and civic responsibilities.
Analyze how individuals and families make choices to satisfy needs and wants.