Fashion Marketing, Advanced (8145/36 weeks) Course Description
|Suggested Grade Levels:||11–12|
This advanced-level course prepares students for a career in the global fashion industry. Students gain deeper knowledge of the field and apply skills in marketing. Students explore sustainability, social responsibility, entrepreneurship, technology applications, buying, portfolio development, and careers. Academic skills related to the content are part of this course.
Career Clusters and Pathways
For federal reporting (choose one)
- Arts, Audio/Video Technology and Communications
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Marketing Communications
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Research
- Professional Sales
Upon completion of the course
- A*S*K Fundamental Marketing Concepts Assessment
- Business of Retail: Operations & Profit Examination
- College and Work Readiness Assessment (CWRA+)
- Customer Service and Sales Certification Assessment
- Fashion Merchandising Assessment
- National Career Readiness Certificate Assessment
- Retail Industry Fundamentals Certification Assessment
- Retail Merchandising Assessment
- Workplace Readiness Skills for the Commonwealth Examination
A combination of the course above and those below, equivalent to two 36-week courses. Students wishing to complete a specialization may take additional courses appropriate to their career pathways.
Check the course description for any course listed below, because some may have a prerequisite.