CTE Resource Center - Verso - Fashion Marketing Task 332270220
Identify basic garment silhouettes and styles.
Identification should include basic silhouettes (e.g., straight, bell, bustle) and garment styles (e.g., skirts, coats, pants, dresses, collars, sleeves, necklines).
- How have silhouettes changed throughout history?
- What are the defining silhouettes of today’s fashion?
- How do different silhouettes and garment styles enhance different body types?
- How do cultural and regional differences influence silhouettes and garment styles?
- What style of women's wear for the office developed in the 1970s? Why?
- Why is it important to dress according to the culture of the place of business (e.g., a banker would need to dress conservatively)?
- What does it mean when people say that fashion styles, like hemlines, have a life cycle?
- Where have we seen recent changes in regional fashion in America?
Other Related Standards
National MBAResearch Standards-Business Administration
Understand marketing's role and function in business to facilitate economic exchanges with customers.