Identify sources for finding job openings.
Identification should include
- public and private employment agencies
- direct calling
- human resources departments
- cooperative education and other work experience programs
- current and former employers
- bulletin boards
- Internet sites
- newspapers and trade publications (both online and print)
- Virginia Career VIEW
- family and friends
- job fairs.
- How has the Internet affected the job search?
- What are six possible sources of job leads? What are the advantages and disadvantages of each?
- How does a job seeker use existing job leads to produce new ones?
- How can professionals, friends, family members, and employers help a person find work?
- How can a person build an effective professional network?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of placement agencies?
- What are the most effective job research resources? Why?