Follow written and oral directions.
Following directions should include
- asking questions for clarity
- reading and listening for comprehension
- responding to questions and providing appropriate feedback.
- Why is it important to follow directions?
- Why is it important to give and accept feedback when someone is giving you directions?
- What are some marketing situations in which an employee may be given written directions to follow? Oral directions?
- How can following directions be linked to safety in the workplace?
- What is the difference between persuading and influencing?
- How would an employer deal with an employee who might have trouble comprehending written directions? Oral directions?
- For safety, liability, and uniformity reasons, what types of situations require written directions? Why would an oral explanation of these directions be helpful?