Identify environmental elements that influence the shopper's experience.
Identification should include elements such as color, ambiance, vendor concentration, fashion themes (e.g., prom, career, resort wear), brands, seasonal or holiday changes, signage, and point-of-sale (POS) displays, and safety regulations (e.g., the Americans with Disabilities Act).
- What are point-of-sale displays? How do they influence customer buying? Why do retailers like them so much?
- How can signage affect customer buying?
- How does floor presentation relate to store image?
- What safety issues may be involved in floor presentation? How can customer and employee safety be maintained?
- Why are themes used for visual displays?
- How does color affect customer behavior?
- How do the ADA regulations influence the shopping experience?
- How can the physical environment of a store contribute to a positive or negative shopping experience?