Identify industry categories of fashion merchandising.
Identification should include women's wear, men's wear, children's wear, household textiles, accessories, other soft goods, and cosmetics.
- What is included in the category of women's sportswear?
- Why have men taken more of an interest in fashion in recent years?
- What is dual sizing? What is its origin?
- What is the difference between soft goods and hard goods? What fashion products would fall into each category?
- Why have teen fashions begun to influence children's styles?
- Why have we begun to see a blurring of lines between women's and men's wear?
- What are some categories of merchandise sold under the household scope?
- What are some popular cosmetic companies? How do they differentiate themselves from the competition?