CTE Resource Center - Verso - Fashion Marketing Task 1259545032
Identify basic fabric-construction techniques.
Identification should include definitions of weaving, felting, bonding, knitting, and other construction techniques, as well as classification of given fabrics based on their construction method.
- Which fabric type is stronger—knits or weaves? Why?
- How do basic weaves differ in construction?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of warp and weft knits?
- Why is knowledge of fabric construction important in fashion merchandising?
- How do fibers become fabrics?
- How does the global marketplace respond to handmade vs. machine-made fabrics?
Other Related Standards
National MBAResearch Standards-Marketing
Acquire a foundational knowledge of product/service management to understand its nature and scope.
Acquire product knowledge to communicate product benefits and to ensure appropriateness of product for the customer.