Identify basic footwear silhouettes and styles.
Identification should include basic design silhouettes for all shoes (e.g., Louis heels, stilettos, flats, kitten heels, classic pumps), textiles, heel designs, and how they relate to the overall footwear industry.
- Why is footwear essential to the fashion industry?
- What are the main differences between shoe silhouettes?
- How does a shoe’s silhouette affect the overall look of an outfit?
- What role do fabric finishes play in footwear?
- How does functionality play a role in shoe design?
- What are the major differences between designer shoes and mass-produced shoe lines?
- What are the best designs for footwear in relation to a selected outfit (e.g., which shoe style would go best with a business suit)?
- What are the reasons behind the recent “sneaker revolution” and the rise of casual footwear?