2019/2020 Competency-Based Task/Competency List for Fashion Marketing (8140/36 weeks)
Tasks/competencies when marked as such; they and/or additional tasks/competencies may be taught at the discretion of the school division. All other tasks are considered essential statewide and are required of all students.are considered optional
Demonstrating Personal Qualities and Abilities
Demonstrating Interpersonal Skills
Demonstrating Professional Competencies
- Demonstrate big-picture thinking.
- Demonstrate career- and life-management skills.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and adaptability.
- Manage time and resources.
- Demonstrate information-literacy skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding of information security.
- Maintain working knowledge of current information-technology (IT) systems.
- Demonstrate proficiency with technologies, tools, and machines common to a specific occupation.
- Apply mathematical skills to job-specific tasks.
- Demonstrate professionalism.
- Demonstrate reading and writing skills.
- Demonstrate workplace safety.
Examining All Aspects of an Industry
- Examine aspects of planning within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of management within an industry/organization.
- Examine aspects of financial responsibility within an industry/organization.
- Examine technical and production skills required of workers within an industry/organization.
- Examine principles of technology that underlie an industry/organization.
- Examine labor issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine community issues related to an industry/organization.
- Examine health, safety, and environmental issues related to an industry/organization.
Addressing Elements of Student Life
- Identify the purposes and goals of the student organization.
- Explain the benefits and responsibilities of membership in the student organization as a student and in professional/civic organizations as an adult.
- Demonstrate leadership skills through participation in student organization activities, such as meetings, programs, and projects.
- Identify Internet safety issues and procedures for complying with acceptable use standards.
Exploring Work-Based Learning
Exploring the Nature of Fashion
Tracing the History of Fashion
Analyzing Design and Color Fundamentals
- Describe the elements and principles of design.
- Identify basic garment silhouettes and styles.
- Identify basic footwear silhouettes and styles.
- Analyze the impact of color on fashion.
- Explain the principles of color psychology.
- Explain the purpose of the color wheel.
- Explain the importance of various color-matching systems (e.g., Pantone Matching System).
Understanding Marketing Concepts
- Explain the concept of marketing.
- Explain economic utility.
- Explain marketing functions and related activities.
- Explain the concept of marketing identification.
- Describe the marketing mix.
- Identify the channels of distribution used in the fashion industry.
- Differentiate between marketing and merchandising.
- Explain the concept of branding.
Exploring Technology in the Fashion Industry
Exploring the Function of Trends in the Fashion Industry
- Explain the stages of fashion cycles and their impacts on fashion marketing.
- Explain the role of fashion influencers, including current trend-setting designers.
- Distinguish between fashion leaders and followers.
- Explain the economic impacts of knock-offs and counterfeit products on the authentic fashion industry.
- Differentiate between fashion trends and fads.
- Identify current trends in fashion and the sources where they can be found.
Exploring Fashion Retailing
Identifying Fashion Market Centers
Analyzing Fashion Information Media
Analyzing Economics in the Fashion Industry
Developing a Promotional Mix
Developing Visual Merchandising and Store Presentation
Enhancing Communication Skills
- Explain the importance of communication in assisting customers and in working with business associates.
- Demonstrate professional communication skills necessary for success in the fashion workplace.
- Demonstrate phone etiquette.
- Demonstrate online etiquette.
- Write various types of business communications.
- Give written and oral directions.
- Follow written and oral directions.
- Present information orally to various audiences.
Developing Customer Service Skills
- Explain the importance of customer service.
- Compare various types of customer service.
- Respond to inquiries and suggestions from customers, coworkers, and supervisors.
- Translate technical language into commonly understood language.
- Explain company policy to a customer.
- Communicate a customer-service suggestion to supervisor.
- Describe procedures for handling a customer's complaint.
- Handle different types of customers.
- Demonstrate handling an internal customer.
- Explain the role of constructive criticism.
- Demonstrate customer-service techniques.
- Describe methods used to encourage customer retention.
Developing Personal Selling Skills
Developing Employability Skills
Preparing for Industry Certification
- Describe the process and requirements for obtaining industry certifications related to the Fashion Marketing course.
- Identify testing skills/strategies for a certification examination.
- Demonstrate ability to successfully complete selected practice examinations (e.g., practice questions similar to those on certification exams).
- Successfully complete an industry certification representative of skills learned in this course (e.g., Customer Service and Sales Certification, Advanced Customer Service and Sales Certification).