Identify risk management and security issues and procedures for global travel.
DefinitionIdentification should include security issues and procedures (e.g., checkpoints, baggage restrictions, personal identification, government travel warnings) related to all segments of the travel and tourism industry.
- How have security issues changed in the past decade?
- Why is personal identification important in international travel?
- Why is awareness of government travel warnings important before traveling internationally?
- What happens when a traveler loses his or her identification while traveling abroad?
- How do you go about obtaining a passport or passbook?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will apply social science skills to understand the role of the United States in a changing world by
- describing the responsibilities of the national government for foreign policy and national security;
- assessing the role of national interest in shaping foreign policy and promoting world peace; and
- examining the relationship of Virginia and the United States to the global economy, including trends in international trade.