Identify opportunities to perform traditional jobs in the hospitality and tourism industry (opportunities to perform a regular job at a destination/attraction).
DefinitionIdentification should include traditional jobs such as
- administrative positions
- service positions
Identification should also include listing several specific job titles and their duties in two destination marketing areas (e.g., sports and entertainment destinations, cultural and historical sites).
- What hospitality and tourism jobs require post-secondary education? What jobs do not require post-secondary education?
- How do careers in hospitality differ from those in other career areas?
- What is job shadowing? How does an internship differ from job shadowing?
- What resources are available to learn more about specific employment positions in the hospitality and tourism industry?
- Why would an internship be a good decision when exploring job opportunities in the hospitality and tourism industry?
- How can an individual network through friends and family to identify career opportunities?
- What two- and four-year schools offer career opportunities in the hospitality and tourism industry?
- What opportunities exist in the hospitality and tourism industry for on-the-job training?
- How might relocation be an opportunity in the hospitality and tourism industry?