Explain how personal interests can become a career in the hospitality and tourism industry.
DefinitionExplanation should include identifying interests and aligning abilities to career preparation.
Students should identify two specialized areas in the hospitality and tourism field (e.g., sports, ecotourism, destination marketing, culinary tours, etc.) in which they are interested.
- How might a student combine his/her interests and abilities to pursue a successful career in hospitality and tourism?
- What are some specific steps a student might take to identify employment opportunities that blend personal interests with academic preparation in hospitality and tourism?
- How can performance on career assessment tests help to identify potential career selections? What resources are available for career assessments?
- How can internships help to identify future career interests?
- What are some ways to find out if a career in hospitality and tourism is the best fit for an individual?
- What are some entry-level positions an individual might seek to start a career in the hospitality and tourism industry?
- Why are your personal activities and interests important in the hospitality and tourism industry? What resources are available for locating information to explore personal interests?
- How might a love for cooking lead to a career in the hospitality and tourism industry?