CTE Resource Center - Verso - Opportunities in Hospitality and Tourism Task 323755414
Identify major industry components in the hospitality and tourism field.
Identification should include a definition of hospitality and tourism and examples of its major components, such as the following:
- Conventions and meetings
- Special events (e.g., sporting events, weddings)
- Museums, historic sites, and attractions, (e.g., gardens)
- Lodging (e.g., hotel, motel, B&B, timeshares)
- Air travel
- Ground transportation (e.g., car rental, motor coach, rail)
- Natural resources
- Historical sites
- Theme parks
- Special interest travel
- Travel management companies, including online travel agencies (OTAs)
- Incentive travel (e.g., trade promotion; reward for employees and/or customers)
- Outdoor recreation
- Experiential travel (e.g., swimming with dolphins, cooking classes)
- What resources are available for locating information about the various hospitality and tourism industry segments?
- What is experiential travel? Why has it become popular? Why is it important to the hospitality and tourism industry?
- How have cruises impacted the hospitality and tourism industry?
- How have theme parks impacted the hospitality and tourism industry?
- Why is incentive travel important to the travel industry?
- What areas offer the greatest potential for future growth?
- What is ecotourism? How can ecotourism help a popular travel destination safeguard its natural resources?
- How has the pet industry changed the types of amenities being offered in upscale hotels?
- What are the top foreign destinations for U.S. citizens? From which countries are the most visitors to the U.S?
Other Related Standards
National MBAResearch Standards-Business Administration
Acquire information to guide business decision-making.
Read to acquire meaning from written material and to apply the information to a task.