CTE Resource Center - Verso - Opportunities in Hospitality and Tourism Task 1445251600
Demonstrate skills to assist in dealing with a challenging situation or customer.
Demonstration should include an application of basic problem-solving skills in handling the situation or customer:
- Clarifying the problem
- Overcoming objection
- Empathizing with the customer
- Obtaining and analyzing data as needed
- Finding a suitable solution
- Establishing procedures
- What are the signs of a dissatisfied customer?
- What are some situations involving difficult customers that might be encountered in the hospitality and tourism industry?
- How can the nature of a problem be determined when communicating with a difficult customer?
- Why might different approaches be needed for handling different types of difficult customers?
- Why is it important to establish company policy for handling customer needs?
- Why is it important to view a complaint as a gift?
- Why must methods be developed to seek customers’ complaints and suggestions?
- How do service guarantees encourage customers to provide feedback?
Other Related Standards
National MBAResearch Standards-Business Administration
Acquire information to guide business decision-making.
Apply verbal skills to obtain and convey information.
Implement quality-control processes to minimize errors and to expedite workflow.
Resolve conflicts with/for customers to encourage repeat business.
Understand operation's role and function in business to value its contribution to a company.
National MBAResearch Standards-Marketing
Interpret marketing information to test hypotheses and/or to resolve issues.
Understand sales processes and techniques to enhance customer relationships and to increase the likelihood of making sales.