Calculate break-even point in units and dollars.
Calculation should include dividing the total cost and expenses by the selling price to determine point of profitability, taking into account the following:
- Fixed costs
- Variable costs
- Total costs
- Selling price
- Total revenue
- What is the break-even point?
- Why is it important to determine the break-even point?
- How can the break-even point of a product be determined?
- What are the differences between variable and fixed costs?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will solve
- multistep linear and quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- quadratic equations in one variables algebraically;
- literal equations for a specified variable;
- systems of two linear equations in two variables algebraically and graphically; and
- practical problems involving equations and systems of equations.