Identify basic requirements for plant growth and development.
DefinitionIdentification should include the effects on plant growth and development of
- What roles do air, water, light, and media have in growing plants such as tomatoes (both in a greenhouse and a garden)?
- What are some examples of growing media? What are similarities and differences among various media?
- What are the differences between growing plants hydroponically and traditional outdoor production?
- How does temperature affect seed germination?
Related Standards of Learning
History and Social Science
The student will interpret maps, globes, photographs, pictures, or tables to
- locate the seven continents and five oceans;
- locate and describe major geographic regions of North America: Coastal Plain, Appalachian Mountains, Canadian Shield, Interior Lowlands, Great Plains, Rocky Mountains, Basin and Range, and Coastal Range;
- locate major water features and explain their importance to the early history of the United States: Great Lakes, Mississippi River, Missouri River, Ohio River, Columbia River, Colorado River, Rio Grande, St. Lawrence River, Atlantic Ocean, Pacific Ocean, and Gulf of Mexico; and
- recognize key geographic features on maps, diagrams, and/or photographs.