Apply for an FFA degree and/or an agricultural proficiency award.
Application should include
- identifying types of FFA degrees
- identifying proficiency award areas
- agriscience research
- exploring CDEs and LDEs related to this course
- identifying all SAE criteria to be eligible for the award
- identifying the type of award
- applying for an FFA award.
Teacher resource: FFA Agricultural Proficiency Awards
- Where are the awards and their application criteria located?
- What are the benefits of winning an FFA award?
- What are the benefits and requirements of an FFA degree?
- What FFA awards are available?
- How does the FFA degree program reward FFA members in all phases of leadership, skills, and occupational development?
- What is the highest degree that can be conferred upon an FFA member at the national level?
- What are the requirements for a Greenhand FFA degree?
Related Standards of Learning
The student will read and demonstrate comprehension of a variety of nonfiction texts.
- Skim materials using text features such as type, headings, and graphics to predict and categorize information.
- Identify main idea.
- Summarize supporting details.
- Create an objective summary including main idea and supporting details.
- Draw conclusions and make inferences based on explicit and implied information.
- Identify the author’s organizational pattern(s).
- Identify transitional words and phrases that signal an author’s organizational pattern.
- Differentiate between fact and opinion.
- Identify cause and effect relationships.
- Analyze ideas within and between selections providing textual evidence.
- Use reading strategies to monitor comprehension throughout the reading process.